Sunday, January 31, 2010

Checking In

Hi Everyone.

Again, I kind of disappeared for a while. My apologies! Things have been even more hectic around here than normal.

You see, my grandmother (who has lived with me for about 18 years) has been in and out of the hospital since Christmas. She ended up passing away last week. This was definitely hard on our family, but we are grateful for all the time we were blessed to spend with her over the years.

Her wake was on Thursday and funeral on Friday, so we had some relatives come in from out of town and stay with us. It has been really great getting to spend time with them, and I am extremely appreciative to be so fortunate to have such a large and loving family.

In addition to losing my grandma, I have been having an extremely nasty time with morning sickness that seems to last 24/7. This clearly pales in comparison to losing a family member, but I'm just trying to fill you in on what it's been like around here.

Anyway, life will slowly start getting back to normal, and I will be back in touch soon.

I hope that your writing is going well, and look forward to catching up with you all again soon. Keep up the good work!

No comments: