Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Goals

Happy New Year, Everyone!

With the start of a new year comes the opportunity to do more than just dream about the future and its possibilities - it presents you with the ability to look ahead and see what you want to achieve and then to decide the concrete steps that will help you to get there.

For this reason, many people begin each year with "resolutions" for the year to come. As a writer, this is a good time to see what goals or resolutions you want/need to make in order to create or advance your career so that you can get where you want to be. This is a step that I have decided to really put some thought into this time around. So tonight I am going to sit down with a notebook and pen, and determine exactly what I want to achieve this year as well as the specific steps I will need to take in order to attain my writing goals. As I previously decided not to work during this holiday time so that I could enjoy some much-needed R&R with my family, I have not put enough thought into my 2010 Game Plan just yet. Once I do, I will share it with you.

I wish you all a very happy, healthy, and prosperous new year! :)

No comments: