Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Taking A Writing Class

Things have been so hectic around here that I haven't actually taken the time to just stop and think about my progress from last year, let alone set goals for this new year. I will do that soon, though. Just not yet.

I have decided, though, to take a writing class - something that I think will be extremely beneficial for my writing career. I have been wanting to take the class for a while now, but have only hesitated because of the cost and because I wanted to make sure that I took it at the most opportune time. 

I have begun to realize that the perfect time will never come because life just seems to get busier by the day. And as for the cost, I did have to budget and save for a while, but I'm sure that it will be well worth it. 

My first class begins tomorrow and I am SO excited to begin! Christina Katz, the author of Writer Mama and Get Known Before the Book Deal, teaches the class via email. I have learned so much just from reading her book, Writer Mama, that I can't wait to see how much more I can learn from taking her class. 

The class is called Writing and Publishing the Short Stuff (for Moms). From what I gather, Christina focuses on teaching the basics of writing "short and sweet." This sets a good basis for any type of writing that I may want to pursue in the future.  The way I see it, if I can start small then maybe I can finish big.  So for now, I am beginning this new year with anticipation, looking forward to seeing how this step will help me advance on my journey as a writer mama. Wish me luck! I'll post updates on my progress in the class. :)

No comments: