Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy New Year

I'm only two weeks late in wishing everyone a Happy New Year! The holidays had me so busy, and then the holiday aftermath (i.e., taking down the tree and decorations, cleaning after all the relatives went home, etc.) was enough to keep me occupied for the last week and a half.

Have you noticed that kids make the holidays so exciting...and busy, hectic, a little stressful?! Not to complain, but just getting ready to go to our family's annual Christmas Eve party was a whole feat in itself - we showed up more than two hours late! While saying this, I have to mention that last Christmas was SO amazing because we had our son to share it with...and this Christmas was even more amazing since we had both our son and our daughter to share in the joy of the holiday! 

I do think it only fair though, to say that the whole holiday experience is SO different when you have kids than it was before them. In all honesty, children, or in my case, a toddler and a baby, make the holiday experience so meaningful and just plain wonderful that I wouldn't dream of having it any other way. BUT believe me when I say that it is with a small sigh of relief that I put away the last of the Christmas decorations. 

Now that the holidays have come to a close, I have decided it is time to hit the ground running and get back to work. Good luck as we embark on the journey of this new year!

No comments: