Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The First Step

Let me begin by introducing myself:  My name is Sarah.  I'm in my twenties, married, and have two children (ages two months and eighteen months.)  After giving birth to my first child (an adorable little boy who I love more than I ever thought possible) I decided to be a stay at home mom.

Now with two children (both under the age of two) my life is pretty hectic.  For some strange reason, I want to add to the craziness in my life by pursuing a writing career.  It's actually a simple reason: I love writing and always have!  It's  a great passion of mine and one that I hope I never let go of no matter how hectic my life gets. So I have decided that since I love writing so much and since I can do it from home, there is nothing stopping me from launching a writing career except for myself.  

I have taken the first tiny steps toward reaching this goal by doing two things: starting this blog and contacting a local monthly newspaper.  So right now the two big challenges in my life are: adjusting to life with two kids and starting a writing career.  I will track my progress on this blog as I continue taking small steps forward to becoming a good mom and a professional writer.  Wish me luck and stay tuned!

2 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Hi Sarah!
Welcome to the writing moms squad! I also have two children, a bit older, but just as much trouble (I mean, fun!)
Have you ever checked out the Writer Mama blog (Christina Katz.)? She's a mentor to me of sorts. I've gained much knowledge and many writing mama friends. Check it out! And feel free to lean on other writing moms in blog land!
Mary Jo: )

Sarah said...

Yes, I have been following the Writer Mama blog...I absolutely love it! Christina Katz is such an inspiration for me! Her book Writer Mama is what inspired me to start freelancing.
You are actually the the first writer mama I've connected with so far. But hopefully I will be meeting some more writing moms soon! :)
Thanks for the encouragement!

Sarah